The strain of coronavirus currently in the news and causing such serious health concern is COVID-19 (the new coronavirus), initially called 2019nCoV. We understand from the US Center for Disease Control (CDC) that this strain spreads easily and can be fatal, most often in the elderly and those weakened immune systems. This letter/memo is for us to let you know what we are doing as a school and community in mitigating the spread of this coronavirus.
Currently, we are unaware of Just 4 Kids Preschool students or staff coming into contact with the Coronavirus nor has the CA Department of Health asked for people to stay home or schools to cancel classes. Thus, classes will continue as scheduled and we will continue our regular cleaning procedures and add a few extra measures.
In an effort to be proactive and prudently watchful, we invite and remind parents, students and staff to practice the following precautions.
Parents are encouraged to remind students:
- To wash hands frequently & thoroughly with soap (minimum of 20 seconds).
- Cover your mouth and nose if / when sneezing or coughing.
- Refrain from touching your own nose, mouth and eyes.
- Refrain from touching each other or sharing items.
Just 4 Kids Preschool Staff will remember to:
- Thoroughly spray disinfectant on surfaces, handles, shared objects (such as pens, markers, etc) regularly throughout the day, using directions printed on disinfectant labels to ensure proper use.
- Include the 3 basic best practices listed above (re: wash hands with soap, cover mouth / nose if sneezing/ coughing, no touching, etc) in our weekly lesson plans, including the real-world experience of doing these best practices with the kids.
- Urge students to allow space between each other in the classroom whenever possible.
- Send students home if it appears, they may have a fever or flu-like symptoms.
- Review and retake our online courses on the following:
o Basic Health and Hygiene Practices for the Early Childhood Setting. o Preparing for an Influenza Pandemic.
Adding to what we will do and doing above, we will be placing hand sanitizers in the front desk and highly encourage parents, guardians and assigned pick-ups to utilize these sanitizers before and after you pick up / drop off your kids.
15420 Ranchero Road, Hesperia, CA 92345 www.Just4KidsPreschool.com email@example.com | (760) 244-8280
For regularly updated information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), see the CA Department of Health or US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) websites. We are also including an infographic with references from the US CDC’s website.
We want to do our best to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 and other seasonal viruses to those most at risk by following recommendations from authorities, not succumbing to fear or panic. Two of our CORE values are TRUST and INTEGRITY. We commit to being transparent and honest to you and we can assure you that we will communicate as much as we can related to this pressing issue.
Alvin & Joy Ayusa Just 4 Kids Preschool Owners